Thursday, April 12, 2012

Plan B


   We were so blessed to be able to spend a week as a family in Pittsburgh!  We did lots of sight seeing and had a wonderful time exploring.  Dropping Jeff, Shannon, Caleb and Zoe off at the airport was very hard and we really miss them.
   We've decided it's time to start working on a 'Plan B'.  We've been approved by the doctors to go home IF we can find a jet that can get us from Western Colorado to Pittsburgh within a 6 hour time limit... that's 1,730 miles.  So now the search is on for a corporation that would be willing to help us out when the time comes.  We can't take a commercial flight because if the call was to come at 2am we wouldn't be able to book a flight and make it to the hospital by 8am.  Please join us as we pray for God's will in this situation.
   Katelyn and I have been here for 78 days.  Yesterday we moved from our apartment to the one across the hall.  Our old view was overlooking a massive graveyard and it was getting a little depressing.  Now we have a wonderful view of the city!  The view wasn't the only plus... we now get the afternoon sun which is good for Katelyn's Crigler-Najjar.

Our old view

Our new view

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement.  It really means a lot to us!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad yall got to switch rooms! That view is much more pleasant! I am praying for y'all diligently and promise to. I can't imagine being separated from the other half of your family for that amount of time. Especially without the presence of your husband. I'm praying for a liver cell transplant and one soon. And I'm praying for the means to be alailable for y'all to go home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Katie! We appreciate your prayers. We are still waiting for some good news... either from the hospital or a jet. At this point I'll take either. Trying to be patient isn't easy but we are truly being blessed! Miss you lots!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I have a good feeling you are going to get that corporate donor! I am scouring your website and blog and I'm anxious to post your story tomorrow! BTW, we had the view of the cemetery and I disliked it as well. It's a completely inappropriate, isn't it?!

    I'm praying for you!
    Lisa Razza
    Reed & Ramsey's mom

    ReplyDelete